The Nike Zoom Field General is a new training shoe from Nike that is designed for speed on turf – that also transitions from the gym to the turf. Constructed in a flexible-yet-structured built to provide the locked-down stability a quarterback needs for training in and out of the pocket.
Today Nike unveils a new training shoe with the quarterback in mind. Designed for speed on turf, the Nike Zoom Field General is the first of its kind for football-specific training with the aggressive traction needed to transition from the gym to the turf.
The quarterback represents a position for which many are called, but few are chosen. Whether it’s in the pocket or on the run, a quarterback is charged with making quick decisions resulting in fast-paced lateral changes in direction while in the heat of battle. He relies on his footwear for stability and to help him explode and accelerate on split-second notice.
KEY FEATURES OF THE NIKE ZOOM FIELD GENERAL INCLUDE:
- Lightweight molded support upper to lock down every start, stop and cut.
- Perfectly balanced upper with both strength and mobility, allowing flexibility and stabilization in key areas.
- Nike Zoom unit in the heel and forefoot for responsive cushioning.
- Aggressive traction in the outsole designed for agility and control on the turf.
- Full-length mid-cut inner sleeve to provide additional support around the foot and ankle.
- Dynamic Flywire cables to help lock down the foot.
- Plastic outsole “shank” to help stabilize the mid-foot and transition from heel to toe.
The Nike Field Generals Collection includes the Nike Zoom Field General training shoe, the new Nike Field Generals Hooded Fly Rush Jacket, Nike Field Generals 5-Star SS Tee, Nike Field Generals Snap-Back Hat, Nike Camo Compression Tight, Nike Rogue Fleece Short, Nike Vapor Crew Sock and Nike Vapor Fly Glove. Each item in this elite collection showcases a five-star graphic representing the five-star athlete — a rare breed who leads by example and demands the best from his team. Leadership, confidence, toughness, athleticism and intelligence represent the qualities of the modern quarterback.
Nike QBs Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Colin Kaepernick and Andrew Luck will represent the Nike Field Generals Collection for the 2014 season.
In time for the eighth annual “The Opening” presented by Nike, and the Elite 11 Quarterback Competition, the Nike Field General Elite 11 color is available June 27 on Nike.com, with additional colors and styles within the collection to follow.
Source: Nike, Inc.