Designed for the fall and winter training seasons, the Nike Free Trainer 3.0 Mid Shield shoe combines a natural motion feel with water resistant Nike Shield technology.
The shoe blends innovative materials in the upper with the flexibility and benefits of Nike Free for increased natural motion, with a mid height for optimal support. The mesh upper is designed with enforced polyurethane support in the form of strand-like lines that increase and decrease with size over the shoe creating a pattern that is extremely supportive yet keeps the shoe flexible, lightweight and breathable.
“We took a ‘less is more’ approach to the design of the Nike Free Trainer 3.0 Mid Shield shoe,” said Laura Parrett, Nike Trainer footwear designer. “From top to bottom the shoe moves naturally with the foot while not compromising strength and durability.”
The Phylon midsole provides lightweight, responsive cushioning and is a 3.0 on the Nike Free rating scale, offering great multidirectional flexibility and a low-to-the-ground fit and feel for a barefoot-like training experience.
The mid-height upper delivers ankle support without limiting mobility, while durable ripstop material in the collar window and tongue helps keep the foot dry while maintaining breathability.
Additional benefits of the Nike Free Trainer 3.0 Mid Shield shoe include:
- Cage-like upper made of extremely pliable synthetic material delivers a custom fit with a flexible structure that moves with the foot
- Notched three-quarter length inner sleeve made of a spandex-based textile provides a sock-like fit that hugs the foot
- Polyurethane layer sits between the spandex-based textile and the lining to create a barrier to repel water
- Dynamic Fit technology is customizable through the laces and anchored under the foot for a glove-like feel
- Reflective graphic print and additional elements remain visible in low-light conditions
- Low-profile, Phylon midsole provides a resilient ride and is tough enough to double as an outsole, dramatically reducing the overall weight
- Sidewall wrap-up design cradles the heel and the midfoot to help keep the foot stable during side-to-side and diagonal movements
- Solid rubber pods with an aggressive delta-node pattern in the heel and perimeter of the forefoot for traction and durability on multiple surfaces
- DiamondFLX design enhances multidirectional flexibility and provides a lightweight, low-profile fit
- Deep flex grooves extending from heel to toe and medial to lateral sides enhance flexibility
The Nike Free Trainer 3.0 Mid Shield will be available globally beginning Oct. 1.
Source: Nike, Inc.