Nike Baseball’s latest footwear innovation and design will be on sharp display in New York City as athletes take the field showcasing their home-run skills on Monday night and during the game on Tuesday.
Nike Baseball’s Red Apple Collection and Bright Lights, Big City Collection are both inspired by the excitement of New York City. Each collection draws from inherent energy of Manhattan and the city’s ballparks with dynamic color-centric designs that present a fresh twist on the traditional look of baseball. These innovative cleats respond to the exacting needs of the contemporary game by offering unparalleled cushioning and support.
NIKE RED APPLE COLLECTION
Few moments in sport top the thrill of the home run. Commemorated instantly by outfield attractions in stadiums across the country, the ability to go long has the potential to solidify an athlete’s legend on the field. When baseball’s top sluggers compete in New York City, they’ll debut three new cleats from Nike Baseball—the Nike Air Huarache Pro Low Metal, the Nike Air Huarache Pro Mid Metal, and the Nike Air Swingman MVP 2 Metal – designed with colors specifically for the event and allowing the athletes to break free of traditional black spikes and make a powerful statement. Inspired by the host city of New York and professional baseball’s most iconic home run feature, the Nike Red Apple Collection – including the Nike Air Huarache Pro Low Metal, the Nike Air Huarache Pro Mid Metal, the Nike Air Swingman MVP 2 and a special-edition Nike Free Trainer 5.0 – comes dressed in a shiny metallic red accented by chrome green aglets and plate.
Limited numbers of the Nike Home Run Collection including the Nike Air Huarache Pro Metal Low and Mid, the Nike Air Swingman MVP 2 and the Nike Free Trainer 5.0 are available on Nike.com.
NIKE BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG CITY COLLECTION
The Bright Lights, Big City cleat collection draws influence from the vibrant lights of New York’s Time Square, and will only be worn exclusively by Nike Baseball athletes during the game on Tuesday evening. On the field, the glitter and glamour of New York City is translated in the form of a lenticular, color-shifting Nike Swoosh and cleat plate on the all-new Nike Air Huarache Low Metal Pro and Nike Air Huarache Mid Metal Pro. Presented in seven distinct team colors – black, navy, orange, purple, red, royal blue, and yellow – the cleats are sure to shine under the stadium lights.
NIKE AIR HUARACHE PRO METAL
Characterized by comfort, durability, and unmatched performance, the Nike Air Huarache Pro Metal will now be offered in both a low-top and a mid-cut version. Both the low and the mid-cut offer encapsulated Nike Air for optimal impact protection and full-game comfort in a shoe that locks down the foot for 360 degrees of explosiveness. The mid-cut version features an additional ankle strap to help lock the foot in place.
In addition to the Nike Huarache collections, the Nike Air Swingman MVP 2 Mid Metal features a full-length Nike Air unit for ultimate comfort and Nike Flywire technology wrapping the foot for a glove-like fit.
These three cleats offer multiple solutions for the needs of the most demanding ball players.
Nike Air Huarache Pro Low Metal
- Low-top silhouette for ankle mobility and a low-to-the-ground feel
- Combination of mesh and synthetic leather in upper simultaneously provides structure and breathability
- External TPU heel clip for real lockdown and stability
- Phylon midsole for responsive cushioning and long-lasting comfort
Nike Air Huarache Pro Mid Metal
- ¾-height neoprene collar adds ankle support without sacrificing mobility
- Hook-and-loop strap helps lock down the ankle and heel for lateral stability and support
- Full-length, encapsulated Nike Air unit provides lightweight cushioning and impact protection
- Six full-length metal cleats and three smaller metal cleats in the forefoot provide outstanding traction while reducing hot spots
Nike Air Swingman MVP 2 Metal
- Nike Flywire technology integrated into the laces, wrapping the foot for a glove-like fit
- Open mesh tongue providing excellent ventilation to help keep your foot cool and comfortable
- Full-length Nike Air unit provides lightweight cushioning and impact protection
- TPU plate with a nine-cleat configuration for excellent traction and durability
Source: Nike, Inc.