Here are the 2013 Nike Doernbecher Freestyle designers for this years collection. The full set will be unveiled this Saturday, September 28th at 5:30 PM at the Portland Art Museum. Check out the info below of each of the designers and stay tuned to Sneaker Bar for the unveiling of the 2013 Nike Doernbecher Collecition.
- Age: 8
- Diagnosis: Oto-Palatal-Digital Syndrome Type II
- Department: Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Doctor(s): Nate Selden, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.S., F.A.A.P.
- Favorite Color: Red
- Favorite Athlete: Lebron James
- Favorite Movie: Karate Kid
- Hero: My mom, because she saved my life
- Perfect Day: Record music with Will.i.am, Usher and Justin Bieber. Then be able to run as fast as I can without using my crutches and eat cake!
- Stats: Doernbecher’s neuro team delivers the highest caliber care, driven by the latest medical research, for kids with all types of neurological disorders from epilepsy to brain tumors.
- Age: 17
- Diagnosis: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Department: Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Doctor(s): Ajit Jetmalani, M.D.
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Movie: The Harry Potter movies
- Hero: Darren Criss
- Perfect Day: I wake up feeling energized, go down to the set of a film where I’m the star, have fun shooting the film with awesome cast members, and go to bed feeling proud of myself and happy.
- Stats: Doernbecher’s Child and Adolescent Psychiatry team is dedicated to addressing the special needs and challenges of children of all ages while providing expert psychiatric care.
- Age: 14
- Diagnosis: Burkitt’s Leukemia
- Department: Pediatric Oncology
- Doctor(s): Suman Malempati, M.D., Shelton Viola, M.D.
- Favorite Color: Royal blue
- Favorite Athlete: Lebron James
- Favorite Movie: Die Hard series and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Hero: My grandfather in Japan because he volunteers in the community for many years and he puts so much effort to improve the community and helping others in need.
- Perfect Day: I become a Major League Baseball player
- Stats: Doernbecher oncologists are on the cutting-edge of finding cures for childhood cancer, while providing exceptional care for kids in Oregon and southwest Washington.
- Age: 11
- Diagnosis: Cystic Fibrosis
- Department: Pulmonology, Cystic Fibrosis Center
- Doctor(s): Mike Powers, M.D.; Holger Link, M.D., MRCP
- Favorite Color: Purple
- Favorite Athlete: My dad
- Favorite Movie: Elf and Balls of Fury
- Hero: My mom
- Perfect Day: Have a giant twinkie Hang out on the couch and talk with my family Get all our chores done Play two hours of mine craft Go to the movies with my sister Watch a movie at home with my whole family At the end of the day, skateboard at night with my dad
- Stats: Doernbecher’s Cystic Fibrosis Center is the only nationally certified Cystic Fibrosis center in Oregon and treats patients from as far away as Alaska. Doernbecher scientists are investigating the underlying causes of CF and are part of an international team devoted for finding a cure.
- Age: 9
- Diagnosis: Renal and hip dysplasia, kidney failure and kidney transplant (at age 2)
- Department: Pediatric Nephrology
- Doctor(s): David Rozansky, M.D., Ph.D., Amira Al-Uzri, M.D.
- Favorite Color: Pink and purple, and blue too
- Favorite Athlete: Not sure. I like gymnastics, though.
- Favorite Movie: Brave and Madagascar 3
- Hero: My whole family
- Perfect Day: Father-daughter dance with my dad
- Stats: Kids with kidney disorders depend on Doernbecher’s Nephrology specialists, who treat a wide variety of illnesses and diseases.
- Age: 12
- Diagnosis: Hemophilia
- Department: Pediatric Hematology (Blood Disorders)
- Doctor(s): Michael Recht, M.D., Ph.D.
- Favorite Color: Red, purple
- Favorite Athlete: Michael Jordan
- Favorite Movie: Stepbrothers
- Perfect Day: A family vacation in Hawaii
- Stats: Kids from throughout the Northwestern United States depend on Doernbecher’s pediatric hemophilia center for the very best care for all types of blood disorders.